Information About Us
Your privacy is important to us as is ensuring that the information you provide to us is held by us and processed with your informed consent. Please read the following information carefully. This privacy notice contains information about what data we collect and store about you and why. It also tells you who we share this information with, the security mechanisms we have put in place to protect your data and how to contact us if you have a complaint
Castle Estate Planning ltd is subject to the same data protection requirements as all other data controllers. For more information about your rights in relation to your data including your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office’s website at http://www.ico.org.uk.
Castle Estate Planning Certificate Number: ZB552141
You can contact us by writing to:
Castle Estate Planning Ltd
35a Sir Isaacs Walk,
Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to Castle Estate Planning via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the GDPR, and any national implementing and supplementary laws, regulations and secondary legislation;
the UK General Data Protection Regulation;
Castle Estate Planning ,
Castle Estate Planning , a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 14381961 whose registered office is at Castle Estate Planning, 35a Sir Isaacs Walk, Colchester Essex, CO1 1JJ;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Castle Estate Planning and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Castle Estate Planning and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, www.castle-estateplanning.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Castle Estate Planning is the “data controller”. This means that Castle Estate Planning determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- date of birth;
- job title;
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
Digital Data including:
Providing and managing your Account/Order
Providing and managing your access to our Site
Personalising and tailoring your experience on our Site
web browser type and version
a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to
This information is collected if you use our website
How we collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
Castle Estate Planning will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
1. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
2.when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
3.when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
4.when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
5.when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our use of Data
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
- For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide. if you are not satisfied with our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
- When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the Data Protection Legislation and any subsequent legislation at all times. .
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
We will use your personal contact information to contact you by telephone or email and liaise with you regarding our services and products that may be of interest to you;
Supplying our products and/or services to you (please note that we require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
Personalising and tailoring our products and/or services for you;
Replying to emails from you;
Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of emails);
Analysing your use of our Site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our Site and your user experience;
.We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected or to comply with any legal regulatory or reporting obligations or to assert or defend against legal claims.
Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
Pre-Sale Information: : Any information we hold that does not lead to a sale will generally be kept for a period of 12 months. If you have asked us not to contact you it will be necessary for us to keep your basic contact information within our suppression files for the purposes of recording and complying with your request.
Post Sale Information: Due to the nature of the business of Estate Planning we will keep any information indefinitely due to the importance of providing on-going customer service.
Information Sharing – Data Held by Third Parties and Controlled by Castle Estate Planning ltd
Castle Estate Planning Ltd uses systems provided by Third parties to provide you with a high quality service. The providers of these services are called Data Processors. Data Processors hold information on our behalf. Data held in this way is held securely by our data processors who all comply with their obligations under the GDPR and their contractual obligations to Castle Estate Planning ltd.
Your data or part of it may also be viewed by our accountants, bankers and IT support providers in the course of their work for us.
Information Sharing- Data Shared with Third parties – Joint controllers
The estate planner who will meet with you may be a self-employed advisor providing services on behalf of Castle Estate Planning ltd. The estate planner may hold data themselves or through their own service company. It is necessary to share data with the estate planner as they are meeting you face to face, providing the advice and assisting you in the execution of documents. We have agreed with all our estate planners that we will jointly control data with them regarding our clients. As part of this agreement we have agreed to undertake all compliance functions for them. Should you wish to exercise any of your rights in respect of data held by the estate planner please contact our data controller.Who we share Data with
We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- our employees, agents and/or professional advisors - to obtain advice from professional advisers;
- third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data - to help third party service providers in receipt of any shared data to perform functions on our behalf to help ensure the website runs smoothly;
Keeping Data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit http://www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Castle Estate Planning by email at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about Our Site or this Privacy Notice, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by telephone on 01206 443480, or by post at 35a Sir Isaacs Walk, Colchester Essex CO1 1JJ Please ensure that your query is clear, particularly if it is a request for information about the data We hold about you (as under section 12, above).
Company Number 14381961 Registered in England and Wales
Registered Office: 35a Sir Isaacs Walk, Colchester, Essex CO1 1JJ
We hope that you are happy with our service and that we can resolve any issues or complaints that arise. Please get in touch if you have any concerns.
We’re Here to Help You